Here at Cathey’s Sewing & Vacuum, we like to offer something for every crafter, no matter your skill level or budget. Here, we’ll go over some excellent sewing machine options for every skill level.
Sewing machines come in a wide range of quality levels, and there is a sewing machine to match every skill level from the first-time seamstress to veteran stitch-master. There are simple, cheap handheld sewing machines for beginners and those who want to throw something into an emergency kit. There are also sewing machines for the low, medium, and advanced skill level crafter.
A Sewing Machine for Every Seamstress
Modern technology has changed the sewing machine scene in several important ways. Today’s best beginner machines feature computerized capabilities that enable anyone to sew like a master. However, the very best, classic sewing machines are, as they always have been, built like tanks, and run as smooth as butter.
Beginner Sewing Options
SINGER 4423 Heavy Duty High Sewing Speed Machine: This machine is fast, tough, and offers a number of helpful features that make life easier on the beginner. It can operate at very high speeds and offers the automatic needle threader, dial controls, and a top-loading bobbin. It’s great for working on thick material and is a solid option for beginners who want to get to work right away.
- SINGER 7258 100-Stitch Computerized Machine: A good option for beginners who have a little experience, the Singer 7258 combines a range of ease of use features into one medium-sized package. You get automated 100-stitch capability and six single-step buttonholes. It may take a little more confidence to work with this machine, but it’s still a great choice for those who want to do good work while still in the early learning stage.
- Brother XM2701: This lightweight machine is ideal for beginners. It’s light, inexpensive, and offers 27 built-in stitches, six presser feet, and a single step buttonhole. This is a quality machine that fits any budget without feeling cheap or by cutting corners in manufacturing.
Advanced Sewing Options
- SINGER 9985 Machine: This sewing machine is full of useful features and easy to use. It offers a staggering 960 built-in stitches, 13 single step buttonholes, and 6 alphanumeric fonts. It is easy to thread and has a useful LED screen to ensure you know what mode it is in.
- SINGER 9980 Machine: This computer-assisted sewing machine delivers 820 stitch patterns, automatic needle threader, and a motor that’s powerful enough to push through just about any type of fabric with ease.
Expert Sewing Options
- Brother SE600 Sewing Machine: This high end, computer-guided sewing machine won’t talk back to you like KIT from Knight Rider – but you’ll feel like it does. It delivers every advanced feature you could ask for and even handles embroidery with expert precision.
- SINGER Quantum Stylist Sewing Machine: Considered to be the best on the market by many, the Singer Quantum renders 600 computer-guided stitches with unmatched accuracy.
For more on the latest and greatest sewing machines, as well as the solid-gold classics, head on down to Cathey’s Sewing & Vacuum today.