- This event has passed.
Beyond Meandering: Other Ways to Fill Your Quilt & Using Rulers and Templates
November 13 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Is meandering your go-to design? Are you ready to try something new? We’ll explore other basic background designs, including continuous curve, straight lines, and crosshatching. Learning how to quilt these designs continuously gives you a whole new collection of designs to use for backgrounds, fills and texture on all your quilting projects. From large to small scale, we’ll explore how these great designs can spice
up your next quilt.
• Choosing background fills to accent your design
• Create extra texture with creative fills
• Try out patterns large to small patterns
• Use a grid to keep your pattern consistent
• Adjustable handlebars and HQ Micro Handles tips and tricks
Looking for the perfect circle or wave? Or how about a heart or arc? These shapes are all possible with consistency and precision when you use a ruler or template. Learn the safe way to use these tools, starting with the right foot. We’ll explore designs like waves with channels, curved crosshatching, and echoing around applique. Rulers will become your new favorite quilting design tool.
• Ruler safety: Sure Foot, ruler base & the right rulers
• Use ruler markings for precision and accuracy
• How to mark for rulers
• HQ VersaTool®: stitch-in-the-ditch, cross-hatch, piano keys, clamshells, and arcs
• Wave Rulers, modern and classic designs
Event Fee: $99.00