Sewing Classes For All Levels – Join Us

We’re here every step of the way to help you build your skills and pursue your passion

VACUFLO Central Vacuum Product

Experience the ultimate in whole-house cleaning convenience, indoor air quality benefits and value with VACUFLO®. The VACUFLO System works by transporting dirt, debris and dust through a simple network of tubing that runs through the walls of your home to a main power unit, usually located in a garage, basement or utility area.

VACUFLO offers the latest in hose management products and accessories for central vacuum systems. These products make cleaning with a central vacuum system even easier by providing hose-at-hand solutions for all your cleaning needs. Hide-A-Hose for entire house cleaning, Vroom for quick clean-ups in high-traffic areas such as kitchens and bathrooms and Spot for specific cleaning jobs such as lint screens and litter boxes both provide easy, convenient access to powerful vacuum suction right where you need it.

Product Info
Builder Center Builder Center >> Installation FAQ

Does the complete system have to be installed at one time?

No. Some homeowners choose to rough-in the tubing system when a home is being built and then complete the system by adding the power unit and inlet valves at a later time.

Will I need an inlet valve installed in every room?

No. For maximum cleaning convenience and whole-house coverage, inlet valves are strategically placed throughout the home. You can estimate one inlet valve for every 600 square feet of living space. The average home (2000 sq. ft.) would need 4-5 inlets. Sq. ft. of home/600 = # of inlet valves. H-P Central Vacuums provide whole-house cleaning coverage with as few inlet valves as possible. Tubing and low-voltage wiring are run in tandem to each valve location, speeding up installation.

What is the standard height for installing the inlet valve?

Valves are typically mounted at the same height as electrical receptacles.

Where is the power unit typically installed?

The power unit is typically located in a garage, basement or utility room.

How much tubing do I figure per inlet valve?

Each valve will use approximately 20′ of tubing.

When do I use a 90 short elbow vs. a 90 sweep elbow?

A 90 short elbow (also called a 90 adapter elbow) is designed to use at each inlet valve location. The tight 90 acts as a trap for debris that might be too large to pass completely through the tube system. For example, if you vacuumed up a small toy or even a comb, it would most likely get caught in the adapter elbow, preventing the system from a potential clog.

How many square feet will one valve cover?

One valve will cover approximately 600 square feet of living space. This estimate is based on using a standard 30′ hose. If a shorter hose is used, more valves are needed.

Do systems need to be exhausted to exterior?

True Cyclonic Systems must be exhausted outside. Filtered Cyclonic Systems are designed with optional exhaust – the unit can be exhausted outside if desired.

Where do I run the trunk line?

The trunk line will be run either in the basement or in the attic. The trunk line should be run as straight as possible from the power unit location to the farthest inlet valve.

Can I locate the Power Unit in an attic?

We do not recommend placing the power unit in an attic. The attic space may retain heat and cause the motor to experience premature failure. An attic location may also be difficult to reach when the dirt canister needs emptied.

How do I recommend the correct power unit for a specific job?

Each power unit is manufactured with a specific motor to handle a suggested sq. ft. area. All you need to do is figure the homes total square footage and locate the correct power unit on the Performance Specs. These may vary for Hide-A-Hose installations.

What is the longest recommended run of tubing?

Each power unit is different. However, we provide general guidelines in the Vacuflo Installation Guide. The longest run of tubing is the run from the power unit to the farthest inlet valve including the fittings.

Does an electrician need to install the Electravalves?

In most instances, an installer can install the low voltage portion of the Electravalves. Each Electravalve has a 6′ length of 120 v wire that will need hardwired into electrical system by a certified electrician.

Can I use schedule 40 tubing plumbers tubing?

The 2″ PVC central vac tubing is different from plumbing grade tubing. Central vacuum tubing is manufactured with a completely smooth interior to prevent the tube system from catching small dirt particles and building a clog.

How long does it take to install a Central Vacuum System?

Most new home installations can be complete in less than one day.

What is a rough-in?

The rough-in consists of determining valve placement and installing the mounting plate, elbow, and drywall cover (this is called a drop), in the wall. Once the home is ready for completion, the installer will return and run the trunk line, low voltage wiring, connect the inlet valves, and hang the power unit.

Is it possible for objects to get caught in tubing?

It is not likely as long as the tube system is properly installed. Typically any object that can fit through the inlet valve will be sucked through the tubing and end up in the dirt canister.