Easter is primarily associated with spending time and creating good memories with friends, family and the broader Tucson community. It often includes organized events and gatherings such as picnics, potlucks and Easter egg hunts. With its slew of appealing characters and icons, however, the holiday also lends itself well to a myriad of Easter sewing projects that span from simple and adorable to interesting and intricate.
Great Ideas for Easter Sewing
This spring get into the holiday spirit with Easter sewing ideas that feature flowers, bunnies, chicks, carrots, and more. These neat Easter projects can be used for decorating or sharing with loved ones. Here are a dozen free patterns and tutorials to kick off your sewing projects this Easter:
- Bunny Bags via Crazy Little Projects: These adorable white linen bunny bags can take the place of Easter baskets or become a useful tote for the whole season.
- Easter Napkins via Polka Dot Chair: Serving Easter brunch or dinner? These easy Easter napkins double as a decoration and help cut down on waste.
- Spring Bunnies in Love Pillow via Flamingo Toes:These pillows can be made with a variety of different cheery, vibrant fabrics to complement your living or sitting room.
- Stuffed Sheep Softie via Swoodson Says:Sew a cuddly, soft pillow in the shape of a lamb as a decoration or for a gift for the kids in your life.
- Bunny Finger Puppets via Purl Soho:Staying with the theme of Easter-related animal friends, these bunny finger puppets are simple but can also be adorned with specialized, handmade touches.
- Girl’s Tiered Ruffle Dress via Crazy Little Projects: Dress your daughter, niece or granddaughter in style this Easter with a bright, airy sundress that’s easy to make.
- Versatile Bunny Blocks via Shiny Happy World:This pattern produces mix-and-match fabric blocks that feature playful bunnies and can be used for table runners or quilts.
- Marshmallow Bunny Plushies via Dandelions & Lace:Turn delicious marshmallow peeps into something long-lasting and less sticky with these adorable, pastel-colored plushies.
- Drawstring Bunny Bags via We All Sew:Use woven cotton fabric to make these drawstring bags that you can fill with all sorts of Easter goodies for friends and family.
- Fabric Easter Eggs via Retro Mama:These beautiful fabric eggs, which are slightly larger than real chicken eggs, scream “barnyard chic” and make a delightfully attractive Easter decoration.
- Bunny Silhouette Hot Pad via So Sew Easy:You can use leftover scraps of fabric for the bunnies and grass featured on these hot pads, which can be used year-round.
- Sew a Carrot Treat Bag via Make It & Love It: Want the perfect addition to your bunny treat bags? Add some carrots that are small but still capable of holding lots of delicious Easter candy.
Sewing for the Easter Holiday
These free patterns are the perfect guide to sewing projects this Easter, and they produce a plethora of cute, handmade items to enhance holiday events and get-togethers with friends and family. For more project ideas or to learn new sewing techniques, explore the various clubs and classes at Cathey’s Sewing & Vacuum and enjoy sewing in Tucson in a collective setting.